Our tax advisory services include:
- Tax planning to maximize deductions related to intangible drilling and development costs (“IDC”), statutory depletion, geological and geophysical expenses (“G&G costs”), and lease and well equipment.
- Tax planning and compliance for clients with multi-state filing requirements particularly as they relate to withholding and differences in federal statutory depletion calculations.
- Guidance on choice of entity decisions and the effect those decisions have on other areas of the tax code such as the passive activity loss rules.
- Exit planning to minimize tax liability.
- 1031 Exchange analysis and transactional structuring consultations designed to minimize the tax impact of a sale of oil and gas assets.